Lawyers Professional Liability Programs
Listed below are several insurance carriers writing Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance in California and their respective applications/policy forms for your review. However, we encourage you to complete the eQuote form to receive a no-obligation premium quote and to help us direct you to the appropiate insurance carrier for your specific situation.
- Lawyers' Mutual Insurance Company
- Admiral Insurance Company
- Arch Insurance Company
- Carolina Casualty
- Catlin Insurance Company
- Chubb / Exclusive Attorneys
- Chubb / Executive Risk
- Colony Insurance Company
- Evanston Insurance Company
- Navigators Insurance Company
- Protective Insurance Company
- NY Marine
Designed for a Traditional Type of Law Practice
The Standard Program is the broadest Program and is available for all types and sizes of law firms. It includes "Special" Programs with discounted premiums if your practice is 8 % or greater criminal defense, insurance defense, immigration, appellate or arbitration/mediation.
- Prior Acts Coverage available to eligible policyholders.
- Limits of Liability range from $100,000 per claim/$300,000 annual aggregate to $5,000,000 per claim/$7,000,000 annual aggregate.
- Varying deductible options beginning at $1,000 each claim. (Except for the "Special" Programs, which require a minimum $5,000 deductible)
- $50,000 annual Claims Expense Allowance in addition to your policy limits.
- "Claims-Free Credits" -- Earn premium credits based upon future "Claims-Free" years with us.
- Special Program premiums if practice is 85% or greater criminal defense, insurance defense, immigration or appellate.
- Coverage for non-lawyer employees of the Named Insured.
- Coverage available for "Of Counsel" to the Named Insured.
- Built in "tail" coverage for former partners and/or employees of the Named Insured.
- The policy applies to acts, errors or omissions occurring anywhere in the world.
- "Tail" coverage options available for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years or unlimited.
- "Over 50 hours of Continuing Legal Education Programs Free of Charge".
Limits of Liability
(Available by approval)
Per Claim/Annual Aggregate
(Available by approval)
- $5,000(maximum if solo practitioner)
NOTE: $5,000 deductible is required for all "Special" Programs: Criminal Law, Insurance Defense, Immigration, Appellate, Arbitration/Mediation.
Minimum Enrollment Qualifications
- Principal office must be located in California.
- All lawyers to be insured under this policy must be currently licensed to practice law in the state of California by the State Bar of California.
If STANDARD PROGRAM looks to be the appropriate Program for you or your firm,
click here to download an application . Fax completed application to WCIB at (949) 858-1759 or mail to WCIB, Inc / P.O. Box 11862 Newport Beach, CA 92658-5044
Final approval is subject to review and underwriting of a completed Standard Program Application, including all requested attachments and additional information.